Youth Ministry (7th-12th grade)
• Two youth Sunday School classes are offered for 7th-8th graders, and also for 9th-12th graders. Join us at 9:15am on Sunday mornings in the multi-purpose room on the second floor of the educational building for a time of challenging youth-oriented Bible Study and fellowship!
• On Sunday nights our youth serve in the AWANA children’s program from 5:25-6:50 pm in the Education Building and in the children’s wing. It is important to have times, like AWANA, where teenagers can take the opportunity to be “doers of the Word, and not hearers only,” (James 1:22) where they can put their ministry skills into practice, as well as cultivate a servant’s heart, while serving the children of our church in AWANA.
• Wednesday Night Bible Studies meet on Wednesday nights at 6:30pm in the multi-purpose room, upstairs in the Education Building. These gatherings are generally aimed at giving students a time to experience God in an atmosphere that is conducive for worship, prayer, and reflection on His Word. Teachings will include doctrinal, as well as, topical teachings that are relevant to the students’ lives.
• Youth Night Outs/Youth Day Outs are times for fellowship, Bible Study, and fun. Past YNO/YDA have been Broom Hockey at Eastdale mall, watching a movie at the church, bowling, going out to eat, and various other activities. YNO/YDA are held either on a Friday or Saturday night.
• First Priority Praise is a large monthly gathering of youth in the Elmore County area that come together on the 3rd Sunday night of every month at a local church, except June, July, and December, to meet for youth-led praise and worship. Time: 8pm-9pm. We typically eat at the church at 7pm or eat out and then head to the host-church. We return around 9:30pm, depending on the church’s location.
• Youth Mission Projects are usually done once a quarter for the purpose of cultivating a servant-like heart in our teenagers. Past projects include working at the Adullam House, Habitat for Humanity, & cleaning up around the church.
• Each year we usually plan to do a Disciple Now Weekend, and a Summer Camp, that are centered on some biblical theme that is designed to relate to the teenagers’ lives.